- Our Google Apps for Education accounts started rolling out to administrators and staff in central office. It will roll out to all staff in January.
- Our first training on Going Google took place. I presented and answered questions for about an hour to about 70 or so staff members. The sole purpose of this presentation was on symbol recognition and the fact that what we are currently doing with the operating system in place will also be able to be done with Google Apps for Education.
- Our Spotswood PD Academy YouTube Channel was established. Its current focus is on our Going Google efforts but it will be used by our well established and outstanding PD Academy for other trainings. Just a little side note; the PD Academy was established long before I became Superintendent. Actually, it was established 2 Superintendents-a-go and has been a consistent, effective, and engaging way to provide professional development to our staff. The offerings are great, instruction by staff excellent, and participation, which is voluntary, amazing. The YouTube channel will have training videos and other information on Going Google for staff to watch when available. Here is the link to the YouTube Channel. It’s my first attempt so be kind!
- One of our teachers created a brand for the YouTube channel (see image above) and now it gives us a positive presence for our Going Google efforts.
- Our Pilot teams were developed and rolled out. Information on those teams was included in my December Spot-On to staff. This monthly newsletter, which you can see by clicking on the link in the previous sentence, also included information about how staff can find training resources.
- We added to our Going Goggle page on our district website.
December was very busy with Going Google but the months ahead are going to be busier. In the process the training, videos, blog posts, and resources will be developed and presented by staff. It’s an exciting time and a great collaborative learning experience for all of us. Going Google Part IV next month!